State Support Network
The State Support Network was a technical assistance initiative of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of State Support, operated from 2016 to 2020 and designed to support state and district school improvement efforts.
The State Support Network (the Network) was a technical assistance initiative of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of State Support, operated from 2016 to 2020 and designed to support state and district school improvement efforts.
What does the State Support Network do?
The Network will collaborate with states, districts, and technical assistance partners to:
- Elevate student outcomes
- Scale systemic solutions
- Share learning and leverage effective evidence-based practices
- Build sustainable partnerships with states and other technical assistance providers
How does the State Support Network assist states and districts?
The Network will bring states, districts, technical assistance providers, and experts together to analyze challenges and support schools. As states and districts design and implement new school improvement systems, the Network will clarify and confirm needs of states and districts, complement and connect ongoing technical assistance efforts, and accelerate providers’ efforts by offering additional support.
The Network will help states and districts:
- Take stock of lessons learned from prior systemic school improvement efforts.
- Assess districts’ and schools’ needs and assets to inform improvement strategies.
- Build sustainable systems to support continuous improvement and ensure student success.
The Network will offer varying levels of technical assistance support including:
- Universal support through broadly shared school improvement resources organized on a user-friendly website. Resources will include case studies, guidelines, and checklists for implementation, among other materials.
- Collective support for technical assistance delivered in person, virtually, and shared by multiple organizations. Based on feedback from states and districts, we will provide more opportunities for you to collaborate directly with peers and communities of practice to solve common challenges.
- Individual support focused on direct technical assistance from subject matter experts delivered in person and virtually to address special state and district needs.
Contact StateSupportNetwork@air.org with any questions.
The State Support Network was funded by the Office of State Support at the U.S. Department of Education. Partners include Battelle for Kids, Synergy, and Pivot Learning.